- 1/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice from 1-2 lemons
- 6 Tablespoons well stirred tahini
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Combine the water and lemon juice in one bowl, and the tahini and oil in another. Set aside about 12 of the whole chickpeas for a garnish.
Put the chickpeas, salt, garlic, cumin, and cayenne in a food processor and process for about 15 seconds. Scrap down the sides of the processor. Then add the lemon water mix through the feed tube with the processor running for about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides several times. Then add the oil and tahini, with the processor running, until the hummus is fluffy.
Put the hummus in a bowl, garnish with the cilantro and whole chickpeas, and drizzle with some olive oil if you want.